Monday, September 15, 2008

Cowboys win! Cowboys win! Holy Cow!

Wow. What a great game! Cowboys over come numerous mistakes to come out victorious. Romo with the Int that lead to the TD before the bad bad bad PI call. Did I say it was bad? Romo fumbling not once, but twice in the end zone (on one play) was the difference for most of the game. Then while driving the Eagles fumbled and turned it over that lead to the Barber short TD. 10 penalties, not including the face mask that was not called. Cowboys overcame the mistakes, the penalties, and came out victorious. I guess the Jessica jinx is officially over. The good news is that I don't have to listen to the blowhards talking about how the season is over for the rest of the week.

It appeared as if the rib was hurting Barber early. He didn't seem to break any tackles, but credit the Eagles for making plays. He started to make some plays toward the end of the first half and the second drive into the third quarter. He got it going with that nice TD to end the half, and then that TD in the fourth.

Felix Jones looked incredible on kick returns and on a couple of runs. He looked to have a big hole up the middle on one run and took it outside and couldn't get the corner in the 4th. I kept repeating the quote from Garrett on Hardknocks. "This guy is special."

Very little pressure, and when they did get there Donovan McNabb looked great escaping what pressure the Cowboys gave. The Cowboys secondary look porous as well. I will say this, 99% of the Qb's in the league get sacked 10+ times. He's playing that good. Cowboys can afford to lose in Philly in the last week of the season.


DeSean Jackson: Multi-Million dollar talent and a $.50 head. Apparently it's not the first time he celebrated too early? The Army game in SA? I wish the Cowboys had been more awares (intentional mis-spelling) and picked up the ball.


Cornholio stop talking about Super Bowl. One game at a time, and losing the game is NOT THE END OF THE SEASON. But winning it helps.

Texas Stadium: White trash capital of Texas. I've lived in DFW for over 10 years. I've been to every sporting event in DFW. I have never felt smarter, richer, better looking than when I'm at Texas Stadium. Ok..call me a snob. I don't care.

Martellus: Made a great catch and run, and didn't pay much attention to him blocking. He had a chance on a 3rd and 22, but the safety made a great play. It also goes to show that Romo isn't afraid to go to him. Romo also tried to hit him when Tellus was the hot reciever on a blitz and Romo couldn't get it to him.


Stream of Consciousness blogging

4 point lead. 4:29 left. Let them score on the first play. Give you time to drive down the field. Good thing I'm not a head coach in the NFL. Cowboys hold on defense for what appears to be the first time tonight.

3:09: Cowboys ball. Marion the Barbarian time. Can he do it?
1st and 10 from the 21. MB for 6. Great run. Bouncing off tackles, running through a hold on the jersey. That is why he got the contract and Julius is in Seattle.
2:57: MB for 1. 3rd and 3.
2:52: Screen pass over thrown. Huge huge huge mistake. As Jaws says, that's a TD if he catches it. Great call by the Eagles.
2:45 Punt and penalty. Have to drive 78 yards for the TD.
2:36: Incomplete pass. Should've been caught. It was juggled. Good throw by Donovan, Lewis was wide open.
2:31: Scramble for 9. Roll clock roll. I think that faking the draw really slows down the pass rush.
2:03: Draw with the face mask penalty. Jay Jay Jay. What you doing? 10 penalties? Holy shnikes. Wade, I thought you took the blame for the penalties?
2:00: I'm calling it here. Eagles win. That screen pass that Romo over-threw cost the game.
2:00: 1st and 10 from 48. SACK! They got him finally! Ellis with #2!
1:30: 2nd and 14: Incomplete pass with great pressure!
1:23: 3rd and 14: 1 time out remaining, which just appeared as I had that thought. All day long and sacked by Ware! Ballgame! 1:10 and 4th 17, no time outs. I mean, it felt like it was all day!
1:10 4th and 17: Damn good thing Sherman ain't the Cowboys coach. Hook and Lateral! Stopped! Ballgame! For real this time!
Postgame: Tony Romo is awesome.

Now...the other question is: My opponent had Romo and Akers, and I have McNabb. I know, autodraft. Anyhow, if I lose, I am blaming DeSean Jackson and putting a hit out on him. I kid.

No comments: